Calculate your savings
State Sales Tax Rate:
Your Current Registration Cost:
5 Star Registration Cost:
Financing your vehicle? Not a problem.
43% of registrations are financed.
What is included at 5 Star Registration
We form your Montana LLC, register your vehicle, and overnight
your plates and registration back to you. Our $849 fee includes
the Montana LLC state filing fees and the DMV fees.
We specialize in this. We will keep your info completely off of DMV and state records. We don’t charge any extra for this privacy like other MT registered agents do. We don’t up-sell you. We just do it the right way, keeping your info private as a default, because we’re Montana LLC specialists.
Our friend Montana department of justice
“The work 5 Star Registration is doing has been great and the Department enjoys working with their team.”
Your total ongoing cost to maintain this vehicle in Montana:
What Our Customers Say:
How It Works
You send us details on the car you are going to purchase
We register your LLC using details you provide (LLC name).
We obtain your Title and transfer it to your LLC.
You receive temporary registration in under 1 week and full registration in under 4 weeks.
You save thousands of dollars on your car purchase.
Our Montana Vehicle Registration LLC package includes:
- Efficiency. Order today, and you could have your plates and registration within 4 weeks (temporary registration done in < 1 week).
- Privacy of your information in the way we form your Montana LLC and register your vehicles.
- Custom-drafted LLC articles specifically written for your needs.
- Custom LLC operating agreement written for LLC holding companies to own vehicles. Will other resident agents provide you with an operating agreement that even gives your new MT LLC the right to own a vehicle and register it in Montana?
- Fast and efficient vehicle registrations. Title work is always processed the same day we receive it from you.
- One year of our $49 Montana Registered Agent service.
- Use our address for your titles, registrations, and insurance.
Montana is the only state that imposes no sales tax on the purchase of a vehicle by its residents including resident LLCs. Since you most likely don’t live in Montana, using a LLC that we setup owned by you, you get to utilize this tax savings.
Yes! In the case of Thomas v. Bridges, 2013-C-1855 (Sup.Ct. LA May 7, 2014), The Louisiana Department of Revenue found out about the car purchase and claimed that the buyer personally owed the state over $30,000 in sales taxes, and tacked on an additional $16,000 in fines and penalties. The Louisiana taxpayer fought the tax assessment all the way through the Louisiana Supreme Court, where he was ultimately victorious. The court held that he had formed a valid LLC under Montana law. The fact that it was formed solely to avoid sales tax on a motorhome purchase did not make the LLC invalid under Montana's LLC law, according to the court.
Hundreds of thousands of people register their car in Montana every year. Montana has had zero sales tax on vehicles for decades.
Hundreds of thousands. We are fortunate to have handled thousands of registrations for our customers!
To do your title registration work, we physically have to have one of our team members at the DMV so you'd have to be here in person and wait times at their office can often be hours.