UTV Off Road Street Legal Registration

You’ve come to the right place to make your UTV or side by side street legal. Our process is straightforward and the most affordable way to make your bike street legal.

Start Registration for $1

stars –



Financing your vehicle? Not a problem.
43% of registrations are financed.
$1 to Start. Pay when registration complete.

As Seen In


Which State to Register in?

Your UTV make and model will determine where we register it. For most UTVs that aren’t financed, we choose Montana because there is zero sales tax, meaning you will have the most affordable registration.

Other states we register in are Arizona, Utah, and South Dakota. This all depends on the vehicle year, engineer CC’s, and ownership proof you have.

When registering with us, it is vital that you submit the right information or if you aren’t sure, just call us!

For Montana plates and titles, we have the following criteria:

  1. You have a bill of sale. You are not financing.
  2. You hold a Certificate of Origin (MCO).
  3. Transferable Registration
  4. Under 199cc
  5. Electric

*We will choose an LLC name for you if you do not provide one to us after placing your order

For South Dakota plates and titles, we have the following criteria:

  1. You have a Certificate of Origin (MCO) if bought from a dealer, or Bill of Sale only (if financing)
  2. You have a transferable Registration (from your state)
  3. You have a title
  4. Over 199cc
  5. Gas-powered

Do I Owe Sales Tax?

Montana sales tax is 0%.
South Dakota sales tax is 4%.

Both are calculated using the vehicle purchase price.

5 Star Registration will invoice you for tax if you owe it.

Title and Registration Time Frames:

What documents do we need?

Start Registration for $1

What Our Customers Say: